Friday, October 1, 2010

Rain Rain go away

We have had one soggy week here. I don't have any rain gear for Faith or myself...so we have been stuck indoors. Thankfully I am participating in the Adventure Bootcamp for Women so I still got some grueling workouts in to keep my blood pumping.
The last two weeks have been a serious of Peaks and valleys in my life and I have learned many lessons. First and most importantly, I cannot live without God as my guide and protector. He is the rock on which I must stand , the shoulder I cry on, and my ultimate encourager. His grace is sufficient, not only for myself, but for everyone. I am amazed at the work that he has done in my own heart and those around me. Things that I never imagined being a thorn in my life, he has turned into a rose bush. God is amazing. I am NEVER alone.
Second to that? Exercise is an amazing outlet. Running is the best. To feel the pavement beneath your feet, and the wind all around is so refreshing. To have the power and control to speed up or slow down at whim is a reminder of how amazing Gods human creation is. To just walk out the door and go with minimal preperation or expense, what could be better. I wish that I had caught on to running when I was younger, but there is a time for everything right! =)
This whole week has been dampened, no soaked, by rain from a tropical storm. Our streets, freeways, backyards and driveways are all flooded. So, needless to say even if I did have rain gear I would not have been able to make it out the door to give it a go.
When i woke up this morning I could FINALLY walk out my door without getting soaked. YAY! So Sharon and I threw on our shoes and went for a short and quick run. It felt great. Now I am off to Adventure boot camp for women to get my butt kicked again. I love the burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment