Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Shedding the inches and seconds

When I started this journey it was to help me get healthy and I knew I would lose weight while doing so. A few months before I decided to run the 1/2 marathon I had purchased a pair of jeans that were too small for me, but I just loved the cut and knew that I could fit into them one day soon. I am happy to report that I was able to start wearing them in August. I am even happier to say that I now require a belt with those jeans. This means that I am almost half the size I was last fall. Well, in terms of pant size anyway.

This is FANTASTIC if you ask me. I feel better, I look better, I can move easier. Win, Win, Win.
Yesterday I started my second boot camp class. Though my push ups and sit ups were pathetic I was able to run 1.2 miles in under 10 minutes. I am so excited about my progress.

So, since January I have dropped 10 lbs, gone from a size 14 to an 8, and cut 5 minutes off my mile. Sweet.

Now I just need to go shopping since I no longer have ANY clothes that fit me.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Krista! Keep it up! I am working on it too! I have been going to the gym and watching what we are eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has surprised me at just how good it feels to limit myself to smaller portions, and no junk food. I don't miss it and when I do want some I just have it without regret since I really don't need more than a bite to get the taste satisfied! =)

    ReplyDelete