Saturday, September 18, 2010

What to wear? Every Girls Dilema.

When it comes to knowing how to prepare for a race I don't even have a clue of where to begin. I think of shoes. But then, how does one even know where to begin there if there's no knowledge of running results to base a decision off. Then I go to shorts, because that should be easy. Well not so much. Moisture wicking, jogging, running, athletic, running skirt? My goodness. There's a running skirt? Hmm, will have to come back to that one. Sports bras, running shirts, headbands, or hats? What about a water belt? GPS watch? Seriously. Ok, I thought I was just signing up to run. And why in the world do I have to pay $85 to run on a city street?
So these are all questions that this novice has about the running world. To find my answers I have started buying running magazines, checking out running forums, and getting my hands on any advice from expert runners. I am still confused, but learning a bit more. I guess the only true way to know if something will work for me is to give it a try and either check it, or cross it, on my list.
So I am going to do just that. I'll hit some thrift stores this week to see if I can find any newish stuff, and maybe see if any companies out there are offering products in exchange for reviews.
Oh, and why does a pair of socks cost $20? Are they lined in gold?

5 comments:

  1. Not sure if you know yet, but many running stores will actually do a free "running analysis" for you, to determine the perfect running shoe. This is a place that you should definitely not skimp, as they are your foundation!! I think that Running Etc in Norfolk on Colley will do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Krista. What a great blog! I agree with the above comment. It's worth the investment to get some good shoes and to have an expert help you pick them out. Just think of how much less money you're spending than if you were to take up something like sailing or golfing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have been there a couple of times and gotten the running analysis. I am going a different way though. That will be my next post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. From my Brother who owned "Gila Hike & Bike in Silver City, NM., wicking, wicking, wicking - shorts, shirts, and yes, socks too.
    From my Brother who just won a spot on the WORLD TRIATHILON IN KONA, a breathing hat w/brim, ice in hat, then on head.
    From your brother in Alamagordo, NM, those feet shoes maybe?? He uses them for climging, for traction, don't know if they would be good for running. With this new "running barefoot" craze it makes me think about them.
    Good luck, I will be watching your blog, hope companies help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love running skirts! glad to see you're still blogging and running.

    ReplyDelete